Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
World War II: The Loss of the Age of Innocence
These novels richly illustrate coming-of-age themes against the backdrop of World War II with three memorable protagonists- an Army bombardier, a girl on the American homefront, and a teenage survivor of the Nazi genocide.
Books in this Series
- Joseph Heller, Catch-22
- Ella Leffland, Rumors of Peace
- Elie Wiesel, Night
- Alan Berolzheimer- Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Elayne Clift- Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Jean Gerber- Travel radius: Caledonia, Essex, Orange, Washington, Windham, Windsor
- Cheryl Heneveld- Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Gina Logan- Travel radius: statewide
- Deborah Lee Luskin- Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Florence McCloud- Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Barbara Mieder- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Mark Stoler- Travel radius: statewide
- Lesley Wright- Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .