Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
The Ties that Bind: Take Two
A rich selection of three novels and one memoir that explores family and deals with some of the most emotional aspects of blood relationships: the generational divide, communication, betrayal, reconciliation, forgiveness, and love.
Books in this Series
- Jane Smiley, A Thousand Acres
- Larry Watson, Montana 1948
- David and Daniel Hays, My Old Man and the Sea
- Reynolds Price, The Promise of Rest
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Elayne Clift- Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Mary Hays- Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Cheryl Heneveld- Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Gina Logan- Travel radius: statewide
- Deborah Lee Luskin- Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Florence McCloud- Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Barbara Mieder- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky- Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
- Lesley Wright- Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .