Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
The Changing South
The lingering effects of slavery, the Civil War, and rural strife provide a complex background in this series of Pulitzer-winning novels set in the American South.
Books in this Series
- Alice Walker, The Color Purple
- James Agee, A Death in the Family
- John Kennedy Toole, A Confederacy of Dunces
- Edward P. Jones, The Known World
- Suzanne H. Brown - Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington - Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Eric A. Bye - Travel radius: Addison, Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Elayne Clift - Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Rachael Cohen - Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays - Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Geof Hewitt - Travel radius: statewide
- Florence McCloud - Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley - Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky - Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .