Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
“Green” and “sustainable” have become such buzzwords, they have almost lost their meanings. This series explores how different authors and communities understand the multiple definitions and connotations of ecological sustainability and try to make it work in the world.
Books in this Series
- Julia Alverez, A Cafecito Story
- Jean Giono, The Man Who Planted Trees
- Alan Weisman, Gaviotas: A Village to Reinvent the World
- Ben Hewitt, The Town that Food Saved
- Barbara Kingsolver, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life
- Wendell Berry, Another Turn of the Crank
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Elayne Clift- Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Michael M. Cohen- Travel radius: statewide
- Rachael Cohen- Travel radius: statewide
- Jean Gerber- Travel radius: Caledonia, Essex, Orange, Washington, Windham, Windsor
- Deborah Lee Luskin- Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Lesley Wright- Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .