Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
Slavery and the Civil War
Undertake an intergenerational discussion of the root causes of the War, and the experience of soldiers on both sides.
Books in this Series
- Julius Lester, To Be A Slave
- Gary Paulsen, Nightjohn
- Jim Murphy, The Boys’ War: Confederate and Union Soldiers
- Alan Berolzheimer - Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington - Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Eric A. Bye - Travel radius: Addison, Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Mary Hays - Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Cheryl Heneveld - Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Gina Logan - Travel radius: statewide
- Deborah Lee Luskin - Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Lesley Wright - Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .