Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
(Re)introducing Classical Greece
There is hardly an area of aspiration known to people today on which the Greek mind of antiquity had not also exercised itself. This will be an opportunity for readers to refresh their previous knowledge of everyday Greek references, and for some people, a chance to be introduced for the first time to the main thinkers of the Classical Greek period. The series covers the period from 489 BC to 323 BC.
Books in this Series
- Thucydides, trans. by Rex Warner, The Peloponnesian War
- H. D. F. Kitto, The Greeks
- Plato, trans. by G. M. Grube, The Republic
- Sophocles, Oedipus Rex
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Rachael Cohen- Travel radius: statewide
- Jean Gerber- Travel radius: Caledonia, Essex, Orange, Washington, Windham, Windsor
- Cheryl Heneveld- Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Gina Logan- Travel radius: statewide
- Barbara Mieder- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Mark Stoler- Travel radius: statewide
- John R. Turner- Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky- Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
- Lesley Wright- Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .