Speakers BureauTalks and Living History Presentations for Your Community
Call for Proposals
We’re seeking proposals for new Speakers Bureau presentations. The presentations must be:
- Strongly humanities-based
- Designed for diverse adult audiences
- Highly appealing in content and presentation
Applicants must demonstrate knowledge of their subject (either through academic or other experience) and have an engaging presentation style. Visual aids are welcome but not required.
Public Speakers Bureau presentations last for 45-60 minutes. Speakers must also facilitate a discussion for at least 15 minutes.
- Complete our online Speakers Bureau Scholar Application Form by Monday, February 25.
- We will respond by Friday, March 1.
- Selected applicants will be invited to audition at the VHC offices in Montpelier on March 13, 14, or 15.
- Auditions will be scheduled throughout the day and will last 15 minutes each.
- Those who audition will be notified of our final decision by Friday, March 29.