Speakers BureauTalks and Living History Presentations for Your Community
The Vermont Humanities Council Speakers Bureau offers nonprofit organizations an easy, inexpensive way to host informative and thought-provoking presentations in their communities.
Speakers Bureau talks present scholarship and discussion on diverse humanities topics, while History Alive! programs bring historical characters to life through well-researched and well-acted portrayals.
How it works
- Browse the catalogue of speakers and topics, and review our Speakers Bureau Guidelines and FAQs.
- Contact a speaker to set a tentative date and time, and discuss any special arrangements.
- Request the program using our online form at least six weeks in advance. We’ll respond within one week.
- Publicize the event once it’s been approved. Contact the speaker to confirm. We’ll mail you a packet of promotional materials and paperwork.
- Host the event: provide a comfortable space, introduce the speaker, and encourage attendees to sign in and share feedback.
- Submit our online Host Survey, and mail the program fee and paperwork to VHC.