Veterans Book GroupsThe Humanities and the Experience of War
Veterans Book Groups
Our Veterans Book Groups create an opportunity for veterans to connect with each other, build relationships, read insightful materials, and share experiences. The group’s explorations will include books, poetry, articles, and short stories, with the goal of fostering camaraderie and a safe space to reflect and share ideas and questions.
Join a Veterans Book Group
Participants receive free copies of all readings, and a light dinner will be provided at each session. The groups are free, but pre-registration is required.
- Northern Vermont University at Lyndon
Starting January 21 and running through June 16
- Burlington Lakeside Clinic Women’s Group
- VA Medical Center Women’s Comprehensive Care Center Book Group
Starting this summer
- VA Medical Center Combat Veterans Book Group
Starting this fall
- Veterans’ Place Veterans Book Group
The Veterans Book Groups were made possible in 2019 and 2020 with funding from the Ann H. Symington Foundation.