Never Too EarlyProfessional Development for Childcare Providers
Social and Emotional Learning Literacy Training
Early childhood educator training
Participants receive a set of free children’s books, through which they will achieve the following learning objectives:
- Study social and emotional topics that align with the early stages of child development.
- Learn to identify specific social and/or emotional behavior in children.
- Design effective strategies to promote social and emotional learning in your program.
- Recognize social and emotional themes in children’s books to elicit authentic conversation.
- Plan and practice using books to promote social and emotional learning with children in your care.
Configuration and professional development:
- The training consists of two sessions of two hours each. Two hours of independent study is required between the sessions.
- Participants who complete the sessions and the independent study will earn a total of six training hours.
- This training satisfies the annual Advanced Specialized Care requirement for your Bright Futures Information System account.
How to Book a Training
- Contact to discuss the timing and other details of the series.
- Your assigned trainer will fill out the online request form to schedule the series. (See trainer bios here.)
Social-Emotional Learning – Book List Option A
- You Are a Lion (and Other Fun Yoga Poses) by Taeeun Yoo (board book)
- The Feelings Book by Todd Parr (paperback)
- Taking a Bath with the Dog and Other Things that Make Me Happy by Scott Menchin (paperback)
- Jabari Jumps by Gaia Cornwall (hardcover)
- Baby Faces by DK (board book)
- The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld (hardcover)
Social-Emotional Learning – Book List Option B (Advanced)
- On Monday When It Rained by Cherryl Kachenmeister and Tom Berthiaume (paperback)
- Grumpy Monkey by Suzanne Lang and Max Lang (board book)
- Yo! Yes? by Chris Raschka (paperback)
- The Okay Book by Todd Parr (board book)
- Alphabreaths: The ABCs of Mindful Breathing by Christopher Willard and Daniel Rechtschaffen (hardcover)
- There is a Bird on Your Head by Mo Willems (hardcover)