Humanities-Based Literacy Programs
Never Too Early
Professional Development for Childcare Providers
The Never Too Early program brings childcare providers together for training sessions to learn about children’s language and early literacy development and fun, instructive, and engaging ways to share books with children.
Each of the program’s components—all structured as lively book discussion and activity workshops—provides wonderful age-appropriate books suitable for use with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. Trainings are conducted statewide by experienced early childhood professionals. Trainings happen throughout the state and are free to childcare providers and other early care and education professionals.
2018 Never Too Early Titles
Theme: Social-Emotional Learning
- Red by Michael Hall
- When You Just Have to Roar by Rachel Robertson
- Bree Finds a Friend by Mike Huber
- The Feelings Book by Todd Parr
- Taking a Bath with the Dog and Other Things that Make Me Happy by Scott Menchin
- The Chocolate-Covered-Cookie Tantrum by Deborah Blumenthal
- Jabari Jumps by Gaia Cornwall