Over 1200 migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala, and other Latin American countries labor on farms and for businesses in Vermont. Their stories are not often heard. With the help of the Open Door Clinic, we spoke with several of these crucial workers. Some wanted to conceal their identities.
Our questions included:
- Why did you leave your home?
- How did you end up in Vermont?
- What type of work do you perform here?
- What has been challenging about life here?
- What do you like about life in Vermont?
- What do you miss about home?