Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
Mexican Americans: Experience and Identity
This series deals with the experiences of Mexicans living in the United States, from the struggles of migrant farmworkers and day laborers in California to coming of age stories of Chicanos as U.S. citizens.
Books in this Series
- Rudolfo Anaya, Bless Me, Ultima
- Helena Maria Viramontes, Under the Feet of Jesus
- T.C. Boyle, The Tortilla Curtain
- Richard Rodriguez, Days of Obligation: An Argument with My Mexican Father
- Alan Berolzheimer- Travel radius: statewide
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Eric A. Bye- Travel radius: Addison, Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Patricia Pedroza Gonzalez- Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays- Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Deborah Lee Luskin- Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Charles Rossiter- Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor, Rutland
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky- Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .