Humanities GrantsMaking Humanities Happen throughout Vermont
Spring 2019 Deadlines
- Accepting Letters of Intent: January 7 to February 8
- Accepting Proposals: February 18 to March 22
- Decision by May 15
Fall 2019 Deadlines
- Accepting Letters of Intent: July 22 to August 23
- Accepting Proposals: September 2 to October 5
- Decision by December 18
How to Apply
1) Read the Grant Guidelines (PDF) to ensure that your project is eligible.
2) Submit a Letter of Intent summarizing your project. This form will request:
- Your name, organization, and contact info
- Your organization’s history of VHC grants (if applicable)
- A summary of your project (300 words max.)
- Your funding request ($5,000 max.)
- A description of your project budget and how VHC funding will be applied (200 words max.)
Staff will respond within one week following the deadline to encourage or discourage a full proposal, or suggest changes.
3) Submit a Grant Proposal according to the instructions in the Grant Guidelines.
- See Sample Proposal Documents (PDF) for screenshots of the fields and questions required in preparation for submitting the form. Please prepare your grant application information in advance, as this form must be completed in one session.
- Use the Grant Budget Template (Excel) to prepare a Project Budget.
- If you are unable to use the above online form (preferred), please download this PDF Grant Proposal Form as an alternative.
Final grant decisions lie with the VHC Board of Directors. The Board meets early in May and December to decide on grant proposals. VHC staff will inform applicants of the Board’s decision within five business days following the Board meeting. The Board may approve a proposal unconditionally, approve it with modifications, award partial funding, or deny it. For questions, contact .