How to Apply
Rapid Response Grant applications are reviewed monthly. If you submit your application by the first of the month, you will be notified of the award decision by the 15th of the same month.
To apply for a rapid response grant, complete our online application form. We welcome you to view the questions on the application ahead of time. We welcome you to contact us if you have any questions either through our grant inquiry form, by emailing email@example.com or by calling (802) 262-1355.
Apply for a rapid response grant
About the review process
While reviewing grant proposals, a small committee consisting of Vermont Humanities staff and community reviewers will consider:
- Are the humanities central to the project?
- Who is the intended audience and how will the project benefit them?
- Has the organization created a plan to include diversity, equity, and inclusion principles?
- Is the project ADA accessible?
- How will the project evaluate its success?
- Does the organization have the capacity to implement the proposed project successfully?
If awarded, we ask grantees to commit to:
- Returning the signed Grant Agreement.
- Providing us with event information for any activities open to the public.
- Submitting a Final Report within 90 days after the project ends.