Partnership Grants have been awarded for the 2024-2026 grant. The application for the next cycle will open in the summer of 2026. Learn more about the inaugural cohort of partnership grantees here.
Our three-year Partnership Grants aid the long-term humanities initiatives of Vermont nonprofit organizations. In awarding Partnership Grants, we prioritize supporting:
- Organizations with a demonstrated alignment to our mission, vision, and values
- Organizations that are led by or substantially engage with Native People or People of Color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, or other historically marginalized groups.
- Emerging organizations with the potential to increase access to the humanities in under-served or under-resourced communities
Partnership Grant details
- Partnership grant applications are accepted once every three years (see below for the next deadline.)
- Funding covers a three-year period. Awarded organizations do not need to re-apply during that three-year period, but are required to submit a short report each year.
- Grant awards range from $5,000 to $10,000 a year for the three-year period, and are paid annually. Because annual support is contingent upon available funds, the full amount is not guaranteed.
- We estimate that we will fund 8 to 10 projects during each three-year period.
- Funding can cover new projects, existing projects, and/or general operating expenses for the organization.
Partnership Grant eligibility
- 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, municipalities, or state or federally-recognized tribal organizations are encouraged to apply for Partnership Grants.
- Organizations with a nonprofit fiscal sponsor are also eligible to apply.
- The next cycle of Partnership Grant applications will open in the summer of 2026. Please check back for details at that time.
How to Apply
Partnership grant applications are reviewed once every three years. Prior to starting, please review the application and the Organizational Profile and Proposal questions. The application form cannot be saved and must be completed in one sitting.
We recommend you prepare the following documents for upload ahead of time:
- Organization Financials: Either a copy of your current board approved budget or a 12-month profit and loss statement for the most recently completed fiscal year. If using a fiscal agent, use their information to provide the organization financials.
- Grant Budget: Indicating how you would use funding in year one of the partnership grant.
- Organizational Profile and Proposal