Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
Futures: Utopia and Apocalypse
In this series, participants explore 19th and 20th century visions – utopian to apocalyptic – of the future. Themes include repression, community, socialism, capitalism, feminism, creativity, ethics, and evolution.
Books in this Series
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Herland
- Edward Bellamy, Looking Backward
- Kurt Vonnegut, Galapagos
- Lois Lowry, The Giver
- Alan Berolzheimer- Travel radius: statewide
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Elayne Clift- Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Rachael Cohen- Travel radius: statewide
- Jay P. Craven- Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays- Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Cheryl Heneveld- Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Gina Logan- Travel radius: statewide
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky- Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .