Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
The Founding Fathers loom large in the history books, but who were these people really? This series removes the pedestal from beneath these historical luminaries to examine their full humanityheroic and flawed, witty and scandalous, compassionate and sly, inventive and insecure, brilliant and brash.
Books in this Series
- David Hackett Fischer, Paul Revere’s Ride
- Joseph Ellis, American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson
- Joseph Ellis, Passionate Sage: The Character and Legacy of John Adams
- Joseph J. Ellis, Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation
- Richard Brookhiser, Founding Father
- Walter Isaacson, Benjamin Franklin: An American Life
- Alan Berolzheimer - Travel radius: statewide
- Suzanne H. Brown - Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington - Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Rachael Cohen - Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays - Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Cheryl Heneveld - Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Deborah Lee Luskin - Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- John R. Turner - Travel radius: statewide
- Lesley Wright - Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .