Please join us on Saturday, May 6, 2023, at 7:00pm in Alumnx Hall at the Vermont College of Fine Arts in Montpelier for this year’s Vermont Book Award celebration!
The Vermont Book Award is now housed at the Vermont Department of Libraries. Supported by a new partnership between Vermont College of Fine Arts, the Vermont Department of Libraries, and Vermont Humanities, the Vermont Book Award is an annual prize for outstanding literature by a Vermont author.
This year’s finalists:
· Nancy Marie Brown for Looking for the Hidden Folk: How Iceland’s Elves Can Save the Earth
· Kathryn Davis for Aurelia, Aurélia
· Peter Orner for Still No Word from You: Notes in the Margin
· Caren Beilin for Revenge of the Scapegoat
· Ann Dávila Cardinal for The Storyteller’s Death
· Louise Glück for Marigold and Rose
· Erin Stalcup for Keen
· Rage Hezekiah for Yearn
· Carol Potter for What Happens Next Is Anyone’s Guess
· Bianca Stone for What Is Otherwise Infinite
· Margot Harrison for We Made it All Up (young adult)
· Jo Knowles for Meant to Be (middle grade)
· Zoë Tilley Poster for The Night Wild (picture book)
· Leda Schubert for Firsts and Lasts: The Changing Seasons (picture book)
Please contact Miciah Gault (email@example.com) with any questions regarding the Vermont Book Award.
This in-person event will feature an ASL interpreter. To request a specific accommodation or a reduced price ticket contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 21.
Vermont Humanities strives to provide accommodations whenever possible. All event locations are ADA accessible.
Hosts and Sponsors
The Vermont Book Awards are hosted by the Vermont College of Fine Arts, the Vermont Department of Libraries, and Vermont Humanities.