Note: This training will be offered online, via Zoom.
This foundational literacy training will now be required before enrollment in subsequent Never Too Early trainings. It is an advanced training as it offers educators the opportunity to deeply assess one’s own teaching philosophy and current practice generally and in terms of literacy.
Level II is the continuation of the Level I training. If you have already completed Level I and would like to deepen your exploration of early literacy education, here is your chance!
The format is: 6 credit hours for completion of the course: 3 hours’ virtual class time and 3 hours of independent work using the Google Classroom set up for the course. Each student will receive a new set of picture books. In addition, components will include:
- The Open Questioning Mindset in teaching and literacy that was introduced in Level I will be incorporated into all the components of Level II.
- Philosophy of Education and Literacy Education, review of current sources, and personal philosophy development. Participants will use the Philosophy of Education they wrote in Level I to craft a Philosophy of Literacy Development and Education for use in their practice.
- The opportunity to share, review and critique your environment and practice. How has it improved over time and where could you do more?
- How is children’s literature part of your practice? How has it changed over time and what are the next steps to include enhancements and improvements?
- Literacy Team Book Choices, recommendations, and discussion on enhancement of classroom reading methodology.
- Action Research, model, methods, and project. Projects from the Level I class will be presented and participants will receive feedback and consider next steps.