Calendar of EventsHumanities for Everyone
- This event has passed.
Burlington Women Veterans Book Group
May 19, 2017
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
One event on June 16, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on July 28, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on August 25, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on September 22, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on October 20, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on November 17, 2017 at 12:30pm
One event on December 15, 2017 at 12:30pm
Burlington Lakeside Veterans Clinic
This series is open to all women who have served in the U.S. military. The group is free, but pre-registration is required.
Veterans Book Groups create an opportunity for veterans to explore books, poetry, articles, and short stories, with the goal of fostering camaraderie and a safe space to reflect and share ideas and questions. Participants receive free copies of all readings, and lunch will be provided at each session.
This group will be led by Humanities Council book discussion leader Merilyn Burrington and Burlington Lakeside Veterans Clinic social worker Ellen Duval.
To register, or get more information: contact Ellen Duval at or (802) 657-7092.
Readings will include:
- Olive Kitteridge a novel by Elizabeth Strout.
- Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake: A Memoir of a Woman’s Life a memoir by Anna Quindlin
- Girl Waits With Gun a novel by Amy Stewart
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a novel by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Shaffer
- Heft a novel by Liz Moore
- Brewster by Mark Slouka
- Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O’Nan