About the Vermont Humanities CouncilBecause Ideas Matter
Document the Impact of Covid 19 on Your Organization
Our hearts are with you at this challenging time. Vermont Humanities is doing everything we can to advocate for relief for the people and organizations in the cultural sector who have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Together with the Vermont Arts Council, we want to document the financial distress that cultural organizations and individuals are currently experiencing, and also describe the ongoing economic impact of COVID-19 on Vermont’s cultural sector. This is vital information to give to decision makers at the local, state and federal level.
Whether you represent an organization, or you are an individual scholar or trainer, I urge you to please take a moment to fill out this Americans for the Arts survey. It only takes a few minutes to complete.
The survey is already being used to gather data nationwide. After reviewing it, we recognize that the survey isn’t quite perfect for humanities organizations, as it speaks to the arts. (You may wish to substitute “humanities” for “arts” as you read through it.) But we believe that it is the best tool at the moment to collect this data, and we are grateful to use it in collaboration with the Vermont Arts Council.
- Cultural organizations of all kinds—including governmental groups—should fill out the form.
- Artists, scholars, lecturers, trainers, and teachers should also use the same form.
- This dashboard presents the collected data for each state.
Please fill out the form and help spread the word to others in your networks.
To provide a respite during these difficult times, we are posting videos, podcasts, and other online resources to our website and social media platforms every day. If you have content you would like to share, please let us know by email.
Other key resources
- Vermont’s most current information: www.healthvermont.gov/coronavirus
- Vermont’s Department of Libraries has resources for libraries: https://libraries.vermont.gov/covid19
- CDC interim guidelines for community organizations: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/organizations/index.html
- CDC interim guidelines for mass events: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html
All our good thoughts and gratitude for your important work, thank you so much for entering your data in the short survey form.
Christopher Kaufman Ilstrup