Digital ProgramsPodcasts, videos, and other online resources.
Staff Picks: Our Favorite Moments from 2020
Vermont Humanities staffers share their favorite moments from this sad, strange, and sometimes uplifting year. Includes clips from our Words in the Woods, First Wednesdays, Speakers Bureau, and Vermont Reads programs, as well as a segment about the impact of the $781,000 in CARES Act Emergency Relief grants we distributed with the Vermont Arts Council to 123 Vermont cultural organizations.
Presentations Featured in the Video
- Words in the Woods videos with poets Geof Hewitt, James Crews, and Judith Chalmer
- JAG Talks with Jarvis Green, Major Jackson, Felicia Swoope, and Desmond Peeples
- Reuben Jackson on Duke Ellington (Rachel Edens spoke about Reuben’s “Wander as I Wander” talk; this audio recording is of his “Daybreak Express” presentation.)
- Bridget Butler on bird migration
- Our 2020 Fall Newsletter (PDF) includes eight pages about the CARES Act grants we gave with the Vermont Arts Council
- Rajnii Eddins on The Value of Our Stories
- Amanda Gustin on Justin Morgan’s Horse
- Rebecca Rupp on The Surprising History of Common Garden Vegetables
- Jason Broughton and Laura Jiménez: Let’s Talk Antiracism