Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
DCF Children’s Book Award
The Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award, created in 1957, is co-sponsored by the Vermont Parent-Teachers Association and the Vermont Department of Libraries. While a list of eligible titles is drawn up each year by educators and librarians, the winner is selected based on votes by children. The purpose of the award is to encourage young people to become enthusiastic and discriminating readers, like Canfield Fisher herself.
Books in this Series
- Avi, Poppy and Rye
- Carolyn Marsden, The Gold Threaded Dress
- Karen Hesse, Just Juice
- Natalie Kinsesy Warnock, As Long as There are Mountains
- Suzanne H. Brown - Travel radius: statewide
- Rachael Cohen - Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays - Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Cheryl Heneveld - Travel radius: Chittenden, Essex, Franklin, Lamoille, Orange, Orleans
- Geof Hewitt - Travel radius: statewide
- Gina Logan - Travel radius: statewide
- Deborah Lee Luskin - Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Florence McCloud - Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Barbara Mieder - Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley - Travel radius: statewide
- Lesley Wright - Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .