Democracy Knitting Circle with Eve Jacobs-Carnahan
Knit Democracy Together is a modern take on historical knitting circles like those that supported the abolitionist and suffragist movements. At a time when people are losing confidence in government, this project creates a positive model of democracy.
Artist Eve Jacobs-Carnahan talks about innovative ways to finance election campaigns, how cities and states are reducing candidate reliance on private campaign money, and how these measures re-connect elected officials with their constituents and make government more accountable.
- Knit Democracy Together project
- Public Financing in Maine
Knit Democracy Together
- Learning about Racism from Artist Nick Cave
- Nick Cave – activism through art
- The Maine Clean Elections Act
Maine Citizens for Clean Elections
- Stitch by stitch, a brief history of knitting and activism
PBS News Hour
- Seattle Democracy Voucher Program