Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
A Hard Look at America
Established by a newspaper publisher and coinciding with the founding of a journalism school at Columbia University, the Pulitzer Prizes have continually recognized excellence in journalism. The books in this series, comprised of Pulitzer-winning reporting and research, dig deep, revealing facts and stories that continue to be relevant years after they were brought to the surface.
Books in this Series
- Sheri Fink, Five Days at Memorial: Life and Death in a Storm-Ravaged Hospital
- Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, All the President’s Men
- Edward J. Larson Summer, For the Gods: The Scopes Trial and America’s Continuing Debate Over Science and Religion
- Norman Mailer, The Armies of the Night
- Alan Berolzheimer - Travel radius: statewide
- Suzanne H. Brown - Travel radius: statewide
- Eric A. Bye - Travel radius: Addison, Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Elayne Clift - Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Rachael Cohen - Travel radius: statewide
- Jay P. Craven - Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays - Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Geof Hewitt - Travel radius: statewide
- Florence McCloud - Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley - Travel radius: statewide
- Mark Stoler - Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky - Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .