Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
20th Century Presidents: Before and During WWII
Which 20th-century U.S. presidents most dramatically impacted the direction of the countryfor good or illand its standing in the world? Arguably, every president has had a dramatic impact on the country, but some have loomed larger than othersand larger than life. This series examines four 20th-century presidents who left a strong imprint on America prior to and during World War Two.
Books in this Series
- David McCullough, Truman
- Doris Kearns Goodwin, No Ordinary Time: Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt on the Homefront in World War II
- Kathleen Dalton, Theodore Roosevelt: A Strenuous Life
- Kendrick Clements, Woodrow Wilson: World Statesman
- Robert H. Jackson, That Man: An Insider’s Portrait of Franklin Delano Roosevelt
- Alan Berolzheimer- Travel radius: statewide
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Francette B. Cerulli- Travel radius: Lamoille, Orange, Washington, (statewide negotiable)
- Gina Logan- Travel radius: statewide
- Deborah Lee Luskin- Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Jon Margolis- Travel radius: Chittenden
- Florence McCloud- Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Mark Stoler- Travel radius: statewide
- John R. Turner- Travel radius: statewide
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .