Reading and DiscussionExploring Ideas through Books
20th Century Jewish Lives
From antisemitism in early-century Russia to the fading industry of Philip Roths Newark, these Pulitzer winners—including two exploring cartooning—chronicle the Jewish experience throughout the 1900s.
Books in this Series
- Art Spiegelman, Maus: A Survivor’s Tale (I)
- Art Spiegelman, Maus: And Here My Troubles Began (II)
- Philip Roth, American Pastoral
- Bernard Malamud, The Fixer
- Michael Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
- Suzanne H. Brown- Travel radius: statewide
- Merilyn Burrington- Travel radius: Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle
- Eric A. Bye- Travel radius: Addison, Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Elayne Clift- Travel radius: Bennington, Rutland, Windham, Windsor
- Rachael Cohen- Travel radius: statewide
- Mary Hays- Travel radius: Caledonia, Orange, Washington
- Geof Hewitt- Travel radius: statewide
- Deborah Lee Luskin- Travel radius: statewide (negotiable)
- Florence McCloud- Travel radius: Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Washington
- Jim Schley- Travel radius: statewide
- Richard M. Wizansky- Travel radius: Bennington, Windham, Windsor
How to Book this Series
Please browse the list of available facilitators above. Then contact your chosen facilitator to discuss the timing and other details of the series. Finally, select the “Book this Series” button and fill out our online Reading & Discussion Request Form.
Please contact Richelle Franzoni at (802) 262-1355 or .